As we move into shorter days and winter approaches (although with moderate temperatures it can be difficult to remember), early morning walkers like me, get to see their city from a whole new perspective.
If you’re out and about in the dark and early of autumn, don’t forget a few tips to play it safe while you’re outside.
- Take extra time to check for cars (and bikes, which sadly don’t always make sure they’re illuminated) before crossing.
- Check the temperature before you leave, and if it’s close to freezing, prepare for slippery sidewalks.
- Wear light or reflective clothing.
- Carry your phone in case of emergency.
- Enjoy the extra silence that seems to be more prevalent as more humans go into hibernation!